Equipment Hire Ltd (C18588) (hereinafter ‘the Company’) is a private company which provides tools, related equipment, repairs and servicing of tools.
Our Data Protection officer is Dr Jason Grima.
Our contact email address of the Data Protection Officer is Equipment Leasing Limited, The Hire Shop, Triq Kalkara tal-Ġir, Zone 1, Central Business District, Mrieħel, B’Kara, Malta CBD1030.
We may update this Privacy Notice in Our sole discretion including as result of a change in applicable law or processing activities. Any such changes will be communicated to you prior to the commencement of the relevant processing activity.
2 WHAT AMOUNTS TO PERSONAL DATA?
The term “personal data” refers to all personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, surname and address, and includes all information which may arise that can be identified with you personally.
3 HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
As a company we regularly collect personal data as part of our client engagement procedures.
4 WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
The personal data we typically collect and process are:
- The personal data that We collect for the purpose of the contract of service and any documents or information which you may be required to supply to Us for such purposes;
- Personal data that We may process as a result of legal obligations imposed on Us;
- Your identity details such as your name, surname, employer, title, position, and status;
- Your contact information such as your email address, physical address and telephone numbers;
- Your bank account details and other financial information; and Any personal data which you may voluntarily provide to Us.
5 HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Irrespective of the manner that We have collected your personal data, We will only process such data for the purposes of Our services or purposes which are inherently related thereto, including the fulfilment of any legal or regulatory obligation imposed on Us.
Typically, your personal data will be processed for:
- Managing our relationship with you or your company, including for billing and debt collection purposes;
- The purposes you would have requested when providing Us your personal data; and
- We might also process your personal data on the basis of your explicit consent, in which case we will process your data for the purposes for which your explicit consent was requested.
6 THE LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSE OF PROCESSING.
The personal data collected by ‘the Company via contract related to the hire of equipment and its subsequent processing by the Company to evaluate data subject’s request is in line with the Data Protection Act, Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as ‘processing is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract’.
We also process your personal data on the basis of the following legal bases:
- Entering into and performing a contract – in particular, to provide you with tools and equipment. The consequence for not doing such processing would be that we would be unable to provide you with legal services and enter into a contract of engagement;
- Your explicit consent – in which case, Our processing shall be limited to the purposes specifically indicated when your consent was requested;
- Our legitimate interests – We may also process your personal data for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal proceedings;
- Third parties to whom disclosure may be required as a result of legal obligations imposed on Us.
- Unless specifically instructed and consented by you, we do not share your personal data with any entity located outside of the EU or EEA.
8 DATA RETENTION
The data collected by the Company as submitted by the data subject via the contract will be retained for a period of 10 years from the last payment by the data subject in relation to this contract.
We may have a legitimate interest to hold your data for longer periods such as when your data is required for exercising or defending legal claims.
9 YOUR RIGHTS
For as long as We retain your personal data, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data including:
- Right of access – you have the right to ascertain the personal data We hold about you and to receive a copy of such personal data;
- Right to complain – you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data with the supervisory authority for data protection matters. In Malta this is the Information and Data Protection Commissioner;
- Right to Erasure – in certain circumstances you may request that We delete the personal data that we hold about you;